Pakistan announces poll schedule
Islamabad: The Election Commission of Pakistan Friday announced the schedule for the May 11 parliamentary polls.
Polling for the 342-member National Assembly or lower house of parliament and four provincial assemblies will be held on the same day May 11.
Candidates will start submitting nomination papers March 24-29, while scrutiny of nomination papers will be held March 30-April 5, Xinhua cited a notification of the commission as saying.
Appeals against the acceptance and rejection of nomination papers will be filed April 9 while decisions on appeals will be announced April 16 by the tribunals.
Candidates can withdraw papers by April 17 and the final list of the candidates will be issued April 18.
The total number of registered voters in the country until March 20 was 86,132,751 voters, including 48,572,097 females, the Election Commission said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal