Pakistan announces poll schedule
Islamabad: The Election Commission of Pakistan Friday announced the schedule for the May 11 parliamentary polls.
Polling for the 342-member National Assembly or lower house of parliament and four provincial assemblies will be held on the same day May 11.
Candidates will start submitting nomination papers March 24-29, while scrutiny of nomination papers will be held March 30-April 5, Xinhua cited a notification of the commission as saying.
Appeals against the acceptance and rejection of nomination papers will be filed April 9 while decisions on appeals will be announced April 16 by the tribunals.
Candidates can withdraw papers by April 17 and the final list of the candidates will be issued April 18.
The total number of registered voters in the country until March 20 was 86,132,751 voters, including 48,572,097 females, the Election Commission said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers