Pakistan announces poll schedule
Islamabad: The Election Commission of Pakistan Friday announced the schedule for the May 11 parliamentary polls.
Polling for the 342-member National Assembly or lower house of parliament and four provincial assemblies will be held on the same day May 11.
Candidates will start submitting nomination papers March 24-29, while scrutiny of nomination papers will be held March 30-April 5, Xinhua cited a notification of the commission as saying.
Appeals against the acceptance and rejection of nomination papers will be filed April 9 while decisions on appeals will be announced April 16 by the tribunals.
Candidates can withdraw papers by April 17 and the final list of the candidates will be issued April 18.
The total number of registered voters in the country until March 20 was 86,132,751 voters, including 48,572,097 females, the Election Commission said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?