Pakistan Army Chief Ashfaq Parvez Kayani visits Kashmir border
Rawalpindi: Pakistan Army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has praised the "sacrifices" of his men during a visit to the tense Jammu and Kashmir border.
Gen Kayani visited forward positions along the Line of Control (LoC), which divides Kashmir between India and Pakistan, Tuesday, the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) reported.
"He showed complete satisfaction on the state of morale, operational preparedness and vigil maintained by troops on the front line," APP said.
Gen Kayani "paid rich tribute to the supreme sacrifices of the officers and men of Pakistan Army along the LoC", an army statement said.
Earlier, the army chief was briefed by local formation commander on the security situation and high state of alert along the LoC, where Pakistani and Indian troops have exchanged fire several times in recent weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days