Pakistan Army Chief Ashfaq Parvez Kayani visits Kashmir border
Rawalpindi: Pakistan Army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has praised the "sacrifices" of his men during a visit to the tense Jammu and Kashmir border.
Gen Kayani visited forward positions along the Line of Control (LoC), which divides Kashmir between India and Pakistan, Tuesday, the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) reported.
"He showed complete satisfaction on the state of morale, operational preparedness and vigil maintained by troops on the front line," APP said.
Gen Kayani "paid rich tribute to the supreme sacrifices of the officers and men of Pakistan Army along the LoC", an army statement said.
Earlier, the army chief was briefed by local formation commander on the security situation and high state of alert along the LoC, where Pakistani and Indian troops have exchanged fire several times in recent weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video