Pakistan Army Chief Ashfaq Parvez Kayani visits Kashmir border
Rawalpindi: Pakistan Army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has praised the "sacrifices" of his men during a visit to the tense Jammu and Kashmir border.
Gen Kayani visited forward positions along the Line of Control (LoC), which divides Kashmir between India and Pakistan, Tuesday, the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) reported.
"He showed complete satisfaction on the state of morale, operational preparedness and vigil maintained by troops on the front line," APP said.
Gen Kayani "paid rich tribute to the supreme sacrifices of the officers and men of Pakistan Army along the LoC", an army statement said.
Earlier, the army chief was briefed by local formation commander on the security situation and high state of alert along the LoC, where Pakistani and Indian troops have exchanged fire several times in recent weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress