Pakistan Army Chief Ashfaq Parvez Kayani visits Kashmir border
Rawalpindi: Pakistan Army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani has praised the "sacrifices" of his men during a visit to the tense Jammu and Kashmir border.
Gen Kayani visited forward positions along the Line of Control (LoC), which divides Kashmir between India and Pakistan, Tuesday, the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) reported.
"He showed complete satisfaction on the state of morale, operational preparedness and vigil maintained by troops on the front line," APP said.
Gen Kayani "paid rich tribute to the supreme sacrifices of the officers and men of Pakistan Army along the LoC", an army statement said.
Earlier, the army chief was briefed by local formation commander on the security situation and high state of alert along the LoC, where Pakistani and Indian troops have exchanged fire several times in recent weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets