Pakistan Army chief to visit China on Monday
Islamabad: Pakistan Army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani will travel to China next week on a three-day visit, likely to be his last before he retires next month.
Kayani will visit China during October 28-30, chief military spokesperson Maj Gen Asim Bajwa said today.
He will discuss ways for enhancing cooperation with the Chinese military. The possibility of holding joint military exercises will also be discussed during the tour.
Kayani has already announced that he will step down at the end of his term on November 29.
He was appointed the army chief by former military ruler Pervez Musharraf in late 2007. He was given an unprecedented three-year extension by then premier Yousuf Raza Gilani in 2010.
- Taking cash for vote will bring thief as leader: Kamal Haasan
- No comments! Virat Kohli on Salman Khan as goodwill ambassador for Indian contingent at Rio Olympics
- Rajan for inclusion of financial literacy in school syllabus
- Eleven dead found after Norway helicopter crash: Rescuers
- Michel Platini in court for make-or-break appeal at CAS