Pakistan Army Chief to visit Sri Lanka
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani will pay a three-day visit to Sri Lanka during which he will meet the top political and military leadership of the country.
The visit, starting tomorrow, will be Kayani`s second trip to the country since 2011.
During his stay in Sri Lanka, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani will meet the top military leadership of the country, an official statement said.
He will also hold discussions on matters of professional interests with Secretary Defence Gotabaya Rajapaksa, said the statement.
Kayani will review the passing out parade at Sri Lanka Military Academy in Diyatalawa on June 28 as chief guest.
"The visit of Pakistan`s Army Chief will provide both sides an opportunity to review ongoing cooperation and collaboration, and to discuss ways to further broaden and deepen this relationship," the statement said.
A get-together of Pakistan Staff College and National Defence University`s qualified officers is being arranged during Kayani`s visit to provide an opportunity to the Sri Lankan alumni of these prestigious Pakistani Institutions to interact with Pakistan`s Army Chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'