Pakistan Army Chief to visit Sri Lanka
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani will pay a three-day visit to Sri Lanka during which he will meet the top political and military leadership of the country.
The visit, starting tomorrow, will be Kayani`s second trip to the country since 2011.
During his stay in Sri Lanka, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani will meet the top military leadership of the country, an official statement said.
He will also hold discussions on matters of professional interests with Secretary Defence Gotabaya Rajapaksa, said the statement.
Kayani will review the passing out parade at Sri Lanka Military Academy in Diyatalawa on June 28 as chief guest.
"The visit of Pakistan`s Army Chief will provide both sides an opportunity to review ongoing cooperation and collaboration, and to discuss ways to further broaden and deepen this relationship," the statement said.
A get-together of Pakistan Staff College and National Defence University`s qualified officers is being arranged during Kayani`s visit to provide an opportunity to the Sri Lankan alumni of these prestigious Pakistani Institutions to interact with Pakistan`s Army Chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'