Pakistan Army Chief to visit Sri Lanka
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani will pay a three-day visit to Sri Lanka during which he will meet the top political and military leadership of the country.
The visit, starting tomorrow, will be Kayani`s second trip to the country since 2011.
During his stay in Sri Lanka, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani will meet the top military leadership of the country, an official statement said.
He will also hold discussions on matters of professional interests with Secretary Defence Gotabaya Rajapaksa, said the statement.
Kayani will review the passing out parade at Sri Lanka Military Academy in Diyatalawa on June 28 as chief guest.
"The visit of Pakistan`s Army Chief will provide both sides an opportunity to review ongoing cooperation and collaboration, and to discuss ways to further broaden and deepen this relationship," the statement said.
A get-together of Pakistan Staff College and National Defence University`s qualified officers is being arranged during Kayani`s visit to provide an opportunity to the Sri Lankan alumni of these prestigious Pakistani Institutions to interact with Pakistan`s Army Chief.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview