Pakistan Army Chief to visit Sri Lanka
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Army Chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani will pay a three-day visit to Sri Lanka during which he will meet the top political and military leadership of the country.
The visit, starting tomorrow, will be Kayani`s second trip to the country since 2011.
During his stay in Sri Lanka, General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani will meet the top military leadership of the country, an official statement said.
He will also hold discussions on matters of professional interests with Secretary Defence Gotabaya Rajapaksa, said the statement.
Kayani will review the passing out parade at Sri Lanka Military Academy in Diyatalawa on June 28 as chief guest.
"The visit of Pakistan`s Army Chief will provide both sides an opportunity to review ongoing cooperation and collaboration, and to discuss ways to further broaden and deepen this relationship," the statement said.
A get-together of Pakistan Staff College and National Defence University`s qualified officers is being arranged during Kayani`s visit to provide an opportunity to the Sri Lankan alumni of these prestigious Pakistani Institutions to interact with Pakistan`s Army Chief.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions