Pakistan Army seeks security for `own man` Musharraf
Islamabad: Pakistan`s top security establishment has demanded `foolproof` security for former president and ex-military ruler General Pervez Musharraf, who landed in the country on Sunday.
According to a defence source, the military headquarters wrote a letter to the defence ministry seeking security for its former chief, reports The Express Tribune.
Musharraf, who ended his four-year self-imposed exile on Sunday, has been threatened by the outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan ( TTP).
In a Taliban video , Adnan Rasheed, who took part in a previous attempt to assassinate Musharraf, warned him of dire consequences upon his return.
However, it is not clear if the army sought enhanced security for Musharraf on its own or at the request of the former military chief.
A spokesperson for All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), Asia Ishaq said that Musharraf, as a retired army chief, was entitled to security from the military. However, she claimed that the Pakistan Army took the initiative on its own and not at the request of Musharraf.
She expressed satisfaction over security measures put into place for Musharraf`s arrival in Karachi on Sunday. She confirmed that the army personnel, along with police and other law enforcement agencies, were providing security to Musharraf.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks