Pakistan arrests 11 Iranian guards close to border
Quetta: Pakistan police arrested 11 Iranian Revolutionary Guard officers on Monday for illegally entering the country, amid tensions over a suicide attack that Tehran alleges was carried out by militants backed by Pakistani intelligence officials.
The 11 were taken into custody in Mashkel, close to the countries` shared border in the southwestern province of Baluchistan, police officer Dadur Raman said. He said officers were interrogating the men and had seized two vehicles.
Six Revolutionary Guard officers were among the 42 people killed on October 18 by a suicide bomber on the Iranian side of the border near Pishin. Iranian officials blamed the Sunni rebel group known as Jundullah, or Soldiers of God, in the attack and accused elements of Pakistan`s intelligence agency of supporting the group.
Pakistan has vowed to cooperate in capturing any attackers on its side of the border.
Revolutionary Guard are Iran`s strongest military force and are directly linked to the ruling clerics under Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. The 120,000-strong Guard also controls Iran`s missile program, guards its nuclear facilities and has its own ground, naval and air units.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant