Pakistan at forefront in war on terror: China
Beijing: China has again reminded the world community about Pakistan’s “great sacrifices” as the frontline state in the war against terrorism.
“I would like to point out that Pakistan is at the forefront of international fight against counter-terrorism and made great scarifies,” The Nation quoted Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei, as saying while responding to questions on present US-Pakistan relations at a regular press briefing.
Hong expressed the hope that the international community would respect Pakistan’s independence, solidarity and territorial integrity.
He said that China also hopes that Pakistan and US will improve relations, which is conducive for the regional peace, stability and development.
China and Pakistan share traditional friendship, he said, adding that the relationship between both nations has stood the test of the time.
Hong pointed out that the “two countries remain good neighbours, good partners, and good friends.”
Over the years, China has provided assistance to Pakistan for its economic development within its capacity, said Hong, adding his country would continue to help its South Asian neighbour in future as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today