Pakistan at forefront in war on terror: China
Beijing: China has again reminded the world community about Pakistan’s “great sacrifices” as the frontline state in the war against terrorism.
“I would like to point out that Pakistan is at the forefront of international fight against counter-terrorism and made great scarifies,” The Nation quoted Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hong Lei, as saying while responding to questions on present US-Pakistan relations at a regular press briefing.
Hong expressed the hope that the international community would respect Pakistan’s independence, solidarity and territorial integrity.
He said that China also hopes that Pakistan and US will improve relations, which is conducive for the regional peace, stability and development.
China and Pakistan share traditional friendship, he said, adding that the relationship between both nations has stood the test of the time.
Hong pointed out that the “two countries remain good neighbours, good partners, and good friends.”
Over the years, China has provided assistance to Pakistan for its economic development within its capacity, said Hong, adding his country would continue to help its South Asian neighbour in future as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai