Pakistan bars mobile phone service in 58 cities
Islamabad: Pakistan suspended mobile phone services for a day on Friday in 58 cities, including Lahore and Karachi, as a security measure for Eid Miladun Nabi gatherings and processions, a media report said.
Mobile phone services will stay suspended in major cities of Punjab, Sindh and Balochistan`s capital on Friday, reported Dawn.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Thursday that request for suspension of mobile phone services had been received from three provinces.
Officials said that mobile phone services would remain suspended in 51 cities of Punjab and seven major cities of Sindh from 8 am to 10 pm while in Quetta the services would be suspended from 10 am to 2 pm.
The 51 cities in Punjab where mobile phone services will be suspended include Lahore, Multan Sialkot, Rawalpindi, Attock, Jhelum, Chakwal, Faisalabad, and Sargodha while the seven cities in Sindh where there will be no mobile service include Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur and Khairpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'