Pakistan bars mobile phone service in 58 cities
Islamabad: Pakistan suspended mobile phone services for a day on Friday in 58 cities, including Lahore and Karachi, as a security measure for Eid Miladun Nabi gatherings and processions, a media report said.
Mobile phone services will stay suspended in major cities of Punjab, Sindh and Balochistan`s capital on Friday, reported Dawn.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Thursday that request for suspension of mobile phone services had been received from three provinces.
Officials said that mobile phone services would remain suspended in 51 cities of Punjab and seven major cities of Sindh from 8 am to 10 pm while in Quetta the services would be suspended from 10 am to 2 pm.
The 51 cities in Punjab where mobile phone services will be suspended include Lahore, Multan Sialkot, Rawalpindi, Attock, Jhelum, Chakwal, Faisalabad, and Sargodha while the seven cities in Sindh where there will be no mobile service include Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur and Khairpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?