Pakistan bars mobile phone service in 58 cities
Islamabad: Pakistan suspended mobile phone services for a day on Friday in 58 cities, including Lahore and Karachi, as a security measure for Eid Miladun Nabi gatherings and processions, a media report said.
Mobile phone services will stay suspended in major cities of Punjab, Sindh and Balochistan`s capital on Friday, reported Dawn.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik said on Thursday that request for suspension of mobile phone services had been received from three provinces.
Officials said that mobile phone services would remain suspended in 51 cities of Punjab and seven major cities of Sindh from 8 am to 10 pm while in Quetta the services would be suspended from 10 am to 2 pm.
The 51 cities in Punjab where mobile phone services will be suspended include Lahore, Multan Sialkot, Rawalpindi, Attock, Jhelum, Chakwal, Faisalabad, and Sargodha while the seven cities in Sindh where there will be no mobile service include Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur and Khairpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'