Pakistan: Bilawal is now chief of Zardari tribe
Karachi: Pakistan People`s Party chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, the son of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto and President Asif Ali Zardari, has become the chief of the Zardari tribe.
The chief`s seat fell vacant after former chief Hakim Ali Zardari passed away.
The 81-year-old father of President Zardari died due to multiple organ failure, according to doctors at Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS).
The President`s spokesperson Farhatullah Babar said President Zardari decided to forego the title of chief and has passed it on to his son Bilawal.
Babar said Bilawal`s initiation will be held at an appropriate time.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents