Pakistan blames India for delayed MFN status
Islamabad: Islamabad has held New Delhi responsible for the delay in the process of granting Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status to India.
Pakistan`s Commerce Minister Makhdoom Amin Fahim said India is reluctant to remove non-tariff bearers (NTBs), and as a consequence, the non-availability of a level playing field to Pakistani exporters has delayed the granting of MFN status to India, reports The Express Tribune.
The Commerce Ministry was unable to meet the deadline of December 31, 2012, of granting the MFN status, as it was consulting other ministries and private sector stakeholders to assess and evaluate the level playing field enjoyed by Pakistani exports to India, and to resolve issues of non-tariff barriers being faced by Pakistani exporters and market access of Pakistani products to India.
Fahim said that the ministry will now submit the case to the Cabinet for complete normalisation of trade relations with India in due course. The decision to grant MFN status to India was taken by the Cabinet in its meeting held on November 02, 2011.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark