Pakistan blast: Nine, including five kids, killed
Islamabad: At least nine people, including five children, were killed on Saturday when a suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into a house used as headquarters by a militant outfit in Pakistan`s northwest tribal region.
The attack took place around 1 pm at the headquarters of the militant group led by Maulana Nabi Hanfi in Speen Tall area of Kurram region in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), Xinhua reported citing state-run PTV channel.
The five children were passing by the site after attending school when the blast occurred. The other four dead were militants.
At least 15 people were injured in the bombing.
Four nearby houses were also damaged in the blast.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack, but Xinhua said it may have been because of an internal conflict between two militant groups led by Maulana Hafiz Ziaur Rehman and Maulana Nabi Hanfi.
Both groups have been at odds with each other for the last two years and have been involved in killing and kidnapping of rival fighters in Kurram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’