Pakistan: Bomb blast in bus kills 13 Shiites
Islamabad: In what can be suspected as a sectarian attack, a roadside bomb has killed 13 Shiite Muslims, including two children, and injuring four others, in northwest tribal area of Pakistan when their vehicle was blown up on Wednesday morning, a media report said.
As per report, a minibus was carrying minority Shiite Muslims for the nearby district of Kohat.
“The incident took place shortly after the bus left Spai village in the Orakzai tribal area”, Jamil Khan told a news agency.
The deafening powerful blast took place in Sepoy village in Orakzai district, reported Geo News.
"It was remote-controlled bomb planted on the road. The bomb exploded near a pick-up van carrying passengers," Zakir Hussain, an official, was quoted as saying.
Seven persons were killed instantly and six more succumbed to their injuries in a nearby hospital.
Two women, a three-year-old girl and an 11-year-old boy were among the dead.
The injured were taken to a hospital at Kohat in Khyber- Pakhtunkhwa province and officials described their condition as critical.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
Security forces and a local `lashkar` or anti-Taliban militia launched a search operation after the blast.
Spai is a predominantly Shiite village. In recent times, attacks by Sunnis on Shiites have been more common.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA