Pakistan breaks India`s world record of planting saplings
Karachi: Pakistan has broken India`s world record of planting the highest number of saplings in a single day by planting 700,000 saplings at Kharochan in the coastal area in the Sindh province on Saturday.
The campaign for the planting of saplings was launched with the assistance of the Asian Development Bank, Coastal Community Development and Forest Department, officials said.
Some three hundred volunteers were deployed to break the Indian record. In 2009, India had set the world record by planting 6,11,137 saplings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj