Pakistan breaks India`s world record of planting saplings
Karachi: Pakistan has broken India`s world record of planting the highest number of saplings in a single day by planting 700,000 saplings at Kharochan in the coastal area in the Sindh province on Saturday.
The campaign for the planting of saplings was launched with the assistance of the Asian Development Bank, Coastal Community Development and Forest Department, officials said.
Some three hundred volunteers were deployed to break the Indian record. In 2009, India had set the world record by planting 6,11,137 saplings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands