Pakistan breaks India`s world record of planting saplings
Karachi: Pakistan has broken India`s world record of planting the highest number of saplings in a single day by planting 700,000 saplings at Kharochan in the coastal area in the Sindh province on Saturday.
The campaign for the planting of saplings was launched with the assistance of the Asian Development Bank, Coastal Community Development and Forest Department, officials said.
Some three hundred volunteers were deployed to break the Indian record. In 2009, India had set the world record by planting 6,11,137 saplings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...