Pakistan calls for end to US drone strikes
United Nations: Pakistan`s envoy to UN Masood Khan said the war against terrorism must be waged within the framework of international law and called for an end to US drone strikes in Pakistan.
"The use of armed drones in the border areas of Pakistan is a continued violation of our sovereignty, international law, and international human rights and humanitarian law," the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) quoted Masood Khan as saying.
Speaking at the UN General Assembly`s Sixth (legal) Committee meet Monday, Khan said the use of drones has resulted in casualties of innocent men, women and children.
He said the issue of terrorism has both regional and global dimensions.
"It is imperative that all countries do more to combat this menace. Terrorism is a common threat that needs common solutions in a cooperative framework."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened