Pakistan calls for end to US drone strikes
United Nations: Pakistan`s envoy to UN Masood Khan said the war against terrorism must be waged within the framework of international law and called for an end to US drone strikes in Pakistan.
"The use of armed drones in the border areas of Pakistan is a continued violation of our sovereignty, international law, and international human rights and humanitarian law," the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) quoted Masood Khan as saying.
Speaking at the UN General Assembly`s Sixth (legal) Committee meet Monday, Khan said the use of drones has resulted in casualties of innocent men, women and children.
He said the issue of terrorism has both regional and global dimensions.
"It is imperative that all countries do more to combat this menace. Terrorism is a common threat that needs common solutions in a cooperative framework."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption