Pakistan calls for end to US drone strikes
United Nations: Pakistan`s envoy to UN Masood Khan said the war against terrorism must be waged within the framework of international law and called for an end to US drone strikes in Pakistan.
"The use of armed drones in the border areas of Pakistan is a continued violation of our sovereignty, international law, and international human rights and humanitarian law," the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) quoted Masood Khan as saying.
Speaking at the UN General Assembly`s Sixth (legal) Committee meet Monday, Khan said the use of drones has resulted in casualties of innocent men, women and children.
He said the issue of terrorism has both regional and global dimensions.
"It is imperative that all countries do more to combat this menace. Terrorism is a common threat that needs common solutions in a cooperative framework."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015