Pakistan can be better ally against terror: Kerry
Kabul: US Senator John Kerry says Pakistan
could be a better partner in the fight against terrorists.
In Afghanistan on Saturday, the chairman of the powerful
Senate Foreign Relations Committee said that the United States
wants Pakistan to be a real ally in combating terrorism and
that Islamabad could do some things better.
Kerry`s trip to Afghanistan and later Pakistan comes
as the relationship between Washington and Islamabad is frayed
over the unilateral US raid on Pakistani soil that killed
Osama bin Laden.
Pakistani officials have denied that they knew that
the world`s most-wanted terrorist was hiding in Abbottabad,
Pakistan, for several years.
In his stop in the Afghan city of Mazar-i-Sharif,
Kerry also said the US was committed to working with the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users