Pakistan can be better ally against terror: Kerry
Kabul: US Senator John Kerry says Pakistan
could be a better partner in the fight against terrorists.
In Afghanistan on Saturday, the chairman of the powerful
Senate Foreign Relations Committee said that the United States
wants Pakistan to be a real ally in combating terrorism and
that Islamabad could do some things better.
Kerry`s trip to Afghanistan and later Pakistan comes
as the relationship between Washington and Islamabad is frayed
over the unilateral US raid on Pakistani soil that killed
Osama bin Laden.
Pakistani officials have denied that they knew that
the world`s most-wanted terrorist was hiding in Abbottabad,
Pakistan, for several years.
In his stop in the Afghan city of Mazar-i-Sharif,
Kerry also said the US was committed to working with the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC
- BSNL launches unlimited 3G plan for Rs 1,099, cuts rate by 50%
- No political appointments in pollution control boards: NGT
- G20 summit in China next month