Pakistan cancels pilgrims` visit to Delhi
Islamabad: Pakistan has cancelled the visit to Delhi by pilgrims to the annual gathering of Hazrat Amir Khusro on the occasion of his urs, or death anniversary, citing security concerns.
All the pilgrims have, therefore, been asked not to move for Lahore as earlier requested by the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Inter-faith Harmony, reported Daily Times Thursday citing the foreign ministry.
The visit was to be undertaken between Aug 22 and 29.
In May, India had barred Pakistani nationals from visiting the Ajmer Sharif shrine to attend the annual urs of revered Sufi saint Khawaja Moinuddin Chishti following security threats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video