Pakistan captures spokesman for Baitullah Mehsud
Islamabad: Intelligence officials say security forces are holding the Pakistani Taliban`s top spokesman after capturing him near the Afghan border.
The three officials said Tuesday that Maulvi Omar was seized from a village in the Mohmand tribal region Monday night as he was traveling in a car with two of his associates.
They said local tribal elders assisted troops in locating Omar, who became prominent in recent years as spokesman for the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, calling journalists to claim responsibility for dozens of terrorist attacks inside Pakistan.
The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to media, said Omar`s arrest would likely be publicly announced later today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you