Pakistan celebrates Eid on three days
Islamabad: Eid will be celebrated on three separate days in different parts of Pakistan this year following a controversy over moon sighting, Dawn News reported Sunday.
The North Waziristan and Bajaur agencies marked the occasion Saturday, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Sunday while the three other provinces -- Baluchistan, Punjab and Sindh -- would celebrate Eid Monday.
According to the daily, the celebration on three days has been caused by a row over the Shawwal moon. Shawal is the tenth month of the lunar Islamic calendar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday