Pakistan celebrates Eid on three days
Islamabad: Eid will be celebrated on three separate days in different parts of Pakistan this year following a controversy over moon sighting, Dawn News reported Sunday.
The North Waziristan and Bajaur agencies marked the occasion Saturday, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Sunday while the three other provinces -- Baluchistan, Punjab and Sindh -- would celebrate Eid Monday.
According to the daily, the celebration on three days has been caused by a row over the Shawwal moon. Shawal is the tenth month of the lunar Islamic calendar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Sensex soars 287 points, brings up best weekly show in 3 months
- Subramanian panel submits report on New Education Policy
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' Parineeti Chopra is in awe of Kolkata!
- Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu hints at providing reservation to upper caste poor
- French Open 2016, Day 6: Rafael Nadal pulls out, Andy Murray and Kei Nishikori enter last 16