Pakistan celebrates Eid on three days
Islamabad: Eid will be celebrated on three separate days in different parts of Pakistan this year following a controversy over moon sighting, Dawn News reported Sunday.
The North Waziristan and Bajaur agencies marked the occasion Saturday, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Sunday while the three other provinces -- Baluchistan, Punjab and Sindh -- would celebrate Eid Monday.
According to the daily, the celebration on three days has been caused by a row over the Shawwal moon. Shawal is the tenth month of the lunar Islamic calendar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back