Pakistan celebrates Eid on three days
Islamabad: Eid will be celebrated on three separate days in different parts of Pakistan this year following a controversy over moon sighting, Dawn News reported Sunday.
The North Waziristan and Bajaur agencies marked the occasion Saturday, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Sunday while the three other provinces -- Baluchistan, Punjab and Sindh -- would celebrate Eid Monday.
According to the daily, the celebration on three days has been caused by a row over the Shawwal moon. Shawal is the tenth month of the lunar Islamic calendar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months