Pakistan celebrates Eid on three days
Islamabad: Eid will be celebrated on three separate days in different parts of Pakistan this year following a controversy over moon sighting, Dawn News reported Sunday.
The North Waziristan and Bajaur agencies marked the occasion Saturday, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Sunday while the three other provinces -- Baluchistan, Punjab and Sindh -- would celebrate Eid Monday.
According to the daily, the celebration on three days has been caused by a row over the Shawwal moon. Shawal is the tenth month of the lunar Islamic calendar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?