Pakistan: Chinese engineers attacked, 5 killed
Islamabad: In a second major attack in as many days, suspected militants in Pakistan`s restive southwest Balochistan province on Tuesday attacked a group of Chinese engineers being escorted by security forces, killing five persons and injuring 11 others.
The Chinese engineers escaped unhurt in the attack in which three security personnel were among those killed, officials were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
The incident occurred in Dera Bugti district, which has sizeable gas reserves. But, there was no official word on the incident.
Chinese nationals are involved in several projects in northwest and southwest Pakistan.
In the past, two Chinese engineers were kidnapped by the Taliban. They were later freed by the security forces.
Today`s attack came a day after 14 security personnel, including an Army major, were killed in clashes between paramilitary troops and militants of the banned Baloch Liberation Army in Chamalang area of Balochistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India