Pakistan: Chinese engineers attacked, 5 killed
Islamabad: In a second major attack in as many days, suspected militants in Pakistan`s restive southwest Balochistan province on Tuesday attacked a group of Chinese engineers being escorted by security forces, killing five persons and injuring 11 others.
The Chinese engineers escaped unhurt in the attack in which three security personnel were among those killed, officials were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
The incident occurred in Dera Bugti district, which has sizeable gas reserves. But, there was no official word on the incident.
Chinese nationals are involved in several projects in northwest and southwest Pakistan.
In the past, two Chinese engineers were kidnapped by the Taliban. They were later freed by the security forces.
Today`s attack came a day after 14 security personnel, including an Army major, were killed in clashes between paramilitary troops and militants of the banned Baloch Liberation Army in Chamalang area of Balochistan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma