Pakistan clashes kill 8 soldiers, 18 militants
Islamabad: In a pre-dawn strike, Taliban
militants on Friday attacked a strategic check post in Pakistan`s
restive tribal belt along the Afghan border, triggering fierce
clashes in which at least eight security personnel and 18
terrorists were killed.
Militants also abducted five security personnel during
the attack on the check post in Shidano Dand area of Kurram
tribal region, officials were quoted as saying by TV news
The attack triggered fierce clashes in which eight
soldiers and 18 militants were killed, they said.
There was no official word on the incident.
Fourteen soldiers and over 80 militants were recently
killed in a fighting in Jogi area of Kurram tribal agency,
where the Taliban had targeted soldiers holding a strategic
Troops recently took control of the mountain after
flushing militants out of the area.
Combat jets carried out air strikes in the region after
the Taliban killed several soldiers in attacks.
The Pakistan army and air force have been conducting
operations against the Taliban in Kurram since the
beginning of the year.
Besides the activities of the Taliban, Kurram has been
affected by clashes between Shia and Sunni tribesmen over
the past four years. Hundreds of people have died in the
fighting between the rival tribesmen.
Meanwhile, one person was killed and two others injuries
in a blast in Bara area of Khyber tribal agency today, local
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read