Pakistan condemns latest US drone strike
Islamabad: Pakistan Monday strongly condemned the latest US drone strike in North Waziristan tribal region which killed at least six people.
The American spy aircraft fired missiles on a compound of suspected militants in Shawal area of North Waziristan, one of Pakistan`s seven tribal regions, late Sunday.
"These unilateral strikes are a violation of Pakistan`s sovereignty and territorial integrity," the foreign ministry said.
A ministry statement said Pakistan had repeatedly emphasized the importance of bringing an immediate end to drone strikes.
"Pakistan has consistently maintained that drone strikes are counter-productive, entail loss of innocent civilian lives and have human rights and humanitarian implications," the statement said.
The foreign ministry said the US drone strikes set dangerous precedents in the inter-state relations.
"These drone strikes have a negative impact on the mutual desire of both countries to forge a cordial and cooperative relationship and to ensure peace and stability in the region," the statement said.
Sunday`s strike was the fourth US drone attack since Nawaz Sharif assumed office as prime minister last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II