Pakistan condemns latest US drone strike
Islamabad: Pakistan Monday strongly condemned the latest US drone strike in North Waziristan tribal region which killed at least six people.
The American spy aircraft fired missiles on a compound of suspected militants in Shawal area of North Waziristan, one of Pakistan`s seven tribal regions, late Sunday.
"These unilateral strikes are a violation of Pakistan`s sovereignty and territorial integrity," the foreign ministry said.
A ministry statement said Pakistan had repeatedly emphasized the importance of bringing an immediate end to drone strikes.
"Pakistan has consistently maintained that drone strikes are counter-productive, entail loss of innocent civilian lives and have human rights and humanitarian implications," the statement said.
The foreign ministry said the US drone strikes set dangerous precedents in the inter-state relations.
"These drone strikes have a negative impact on the mutual desire of both countries to forge a cordial and cooperative relationship and to ensure peace and stability in the region," the statement said.
Sunday`s strike was the fourth US drone attack since Nawaz Sharif assumed office as prime minister last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad