Pakistan condemns latest US drone strike
Islamabad: Pakistan Monday strongly condemned the latest US drone strike in North Waziristan tribal region which killed at least six people.
The American spy aircraft fired missiles on a compound of suspected militants in Shawal area of North Waziristan, one of Pakistan`s seven tribal regions, late Sunday.
"These unilateral strikes are a violation of Pakistan`s sovereignty and territorial integrity," the foreign ministry said.
A ministry statement said Pakistan had repeatedly emphasized the importance of bringing an immediate end to drone strikes.
"Pakistan has consistently maintained that drone strikes are counter-productive, entail loss of innocent civilian lives and have human rights and humanitarian implications," the statement said.
The foreign ministry said the US drone strikes set dangerous precedents in the inter-state relations.
"These drone strikes have a negative impact on the mutual desire of both countries to forge a cordial and cooperative relationship and to ensure peace and stability in the region," the statement said.
Sunday`s strike was the fourth US drone attack since Nawaz Sharif assumed office as prime minister last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened