Pakistan condoles death of 50 kids in Egypt crash
Islamabad: The Pakistani government Saturday condoled the death of 50 children in a tragic road accident in Egypt, the foreign ministry said.
Seven other people were killed in southern Egypt`s Asyut governorate when a train collided with the bus in which the school children were travelling. The children from a nursery school were aged four to six years. At least 13 other people were injured.
"The government of Pakistan is deeply shocked to learn about the tragic accident between a school bus carrying 60 children and a train in the south of Cairo," Xinhua quoted a foreign ministry statement as saying.
"We are deeply saddened by the reports that the death toll may have reached 50," it said.
Pakistan offered its sincere condolences and sympathies to the government of Egypt, saying: "Our heart goes out to the bereaved parents and families who have lost their near and dear ones."
"We sincerely pray for the early and full recovery of those injured in the unfortunate accident," the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'