Pakistan condoles death of 50 kids in Egypt crash
Islamabad: The Pakistani government Saturday condoled the death of 50 children in a tragic road accident in Egypt, the foreign ministry said.
Seven other people were killed in southern Egypt`s Asyut governorate when a train collided with the bus in which the school children were travelling. The children from a nursery school were aged four to six years. At least 13 other people were injured.
"The government of Pakistan is deeply shocked to learn about the tragic accident between a school bus carrying 60 children and a train in the south of Cairo," Xinhua quoted a foreign ministry statement as saying.
"We are deeply saddened by the reports that the death toll may have reached 50," it said.
Pakistan offered its sincere condolences and sympathies to the government of Egypt, saying: "Our heart goes out to the bereaved parents and families who have lost their near and dear ones."
"We sincerely pray for the early and full recovery of those injured in the unfortunate accident," the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- BSNL waives installation charges on new landline connections
- Xiaomi Mi 5 gets a huge price cut; know the new rate here
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin poses as journalist during Carlos Brathwaite's press conference
- Rio Olympics fallout: Sports Ministry sets up inquiry to probe apathy in OP Jaisha's case
- SHOCKING! 1,012 rapes in UP in last 5 months, says govt