Pakistan condoles death of 50 kids in Egypt crash
Islamabad: The Pakistani government Saturday condoled the death of 50 children in a tragic road accident in Egypt, the foreign ministry said.
Seven other people were killed in southern Egypt`s Asyut governorate when a train collided with the bus in which the school children were travelling. The children from a nursery school were aged four to six years. At least 13 other people were injured.
"The government of Pakistan is deeply shocked to learn about the tragic accident between a school bus carrying 60 children and a train in the south of Cairo," Xinhua quoted a foreign ministry statement as saying.
"We are deeply saddened by the reports that the death toll may have reached 50," it said.
Pakistan offered its sincere condolences and sympathies to the government of Egypt, saying: "Our heart goes out to the bereaved parents and families who have lost their near and dear ones."
"We sincerely pray for the early and full recovery of those injured in the unfortunate accident," the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic