Pakistan condoles death of 50 kids in Egypt crash
Islamabad: The Pakistani government Saturday condoled the death of 50 children in a tragic road accident in Egypt, the foreign ministry said.
Seven other people were killed in southern Egypt`s Asyut governorate when a train collided with the bus in which the school children were travelling. The children from a nursery school were aged four to six years. At least 13 other people were injured.
"The government of Pakistan is deeply shocked to learn about the tragic accident between a school bus carrying 60 children and a train in the south of Cairo," Xinhua quoted a foreign ministry statement as saying.
"We are deeply saddened by the reports that the death toll may have reached 50," it said.
Pakistan offered its sincere condolences and sympathies to the government of Egypt, saying: "Our heart goes out to the bereaved parents and families who have lost their near and dear ones."
"We sincerely pray for the early and full recovery of those injured in the unfortunate accident," the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what