Pakistan condoles death of 50 kids in Egypt crash
Islamabad: The Pakistani government Saturday condoled the death of 50 children in a tragic road accident in Egypt, the foreign ministry said.
Seven other people were killed in southern Egypt`s Asyut governorate when a train collided with the bus in which the school children were travelling. The children from a nursery school were aged four to six years. At least 13 other people were injured.
"The government of Pakistan is deeply shocked to learn about the tragic accident between a school bus carrying 60 children and a train in the south of Cairo," Xinhua quoted a foreign ministry statement as saying.
"We are deeply saddened by the reports that the death toll may have reached 50," it said.
Pakistan offered its sincere condolences and sympathies to the government of Egypt, saying: "Our heart goes out to the bereaved parents and families who have lost their near and dear ones."
"We sincerely pray for the early and full recovery of those injured in the unfortunate accident," the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you