Pakistan condoles US school shooting
Islamabad: Pakistan has sent its condolences to the US over the deadly shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut in which 20 children were massacred.
"The government and people of Pakistan convey their deepest condolences and sympathies to the government and people of the US on the tragic incident at the elementary school in Connecticut on Friday," Xinhua quoted the Pakistani foreign ministry as saying in a statement.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of victims," the statement said.
A gunman shot dead 28 people, including 20 children, at the school in Newtown. The shooting was the second most deadly in recent US history, after the Virginia Tech massacre in April 2007, which claimed 33 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing