Pakistan condoles US school shooting
Islamabad: Pakistan has sent its condolences to the US over the deadly shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut in which 20 children were massacred.
"The government and people of Pakistan convey their deepest condolences and sympathies to the government and people of the US on the tragic incident at the elementary school in Connecticut on Friday," Xinhua quoted the Pakistani foreign ministry as saying in a statement.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of victims," the statement said.
A gunman shot dead 28 people, including 20 children, at the school in Newtown. The shooting was the second most deadly in recent US history, after the Virginia Tech massacre in April 2007, which claimed 33 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'