Pakistan condoles US school shooting
Islamabad: Pakistan has sent its condolences to the US over the deadly shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut in which 20 children were massacred.
"The government and people of Pakistan convey their deepest condolences and sympathies to the government and people of the US on the tragic incident at the elementary school in Connecticut on Friday," Xinhua quoted the Pakistani foreign ministry as saying in a statement.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of victims," the statement said.
A gunman shot dead 28 people, including 20 children, at the school in Newtown. The shooting was the second most deadly in recent US history, after the Virginia Tech massacre in April 2007, which claimed 33 lives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband