Pakistan court grants more security to Zardari
Islamabad: A Pakistan court Thursday approved a petition filed by former president Asif Ali Zardari seeking more security as he feared for his life.
The Sindh High Court approved the petition in which Zardari sought private security guards and bullet-proof car with tinted glasses for security purposes, the Dawn newspaper reported.
The petition was filed by Zardari`s attorney Abu Bakar Zardari a few days back.
According to Zardari, his wife and former Pakistan prime minister Benazir Bhutto was killed and he too feared that he would suffer the same fate at the hands of the Taliban.
According to the attorney, the petition also sought weapons` licences and permission to hire personal guards for the security of Zardari, his son and two daughters.
“It is the typical mindset that assassinated Benazir Bhutto... and those elements still pose threats to the life of Zardari and his family," the Dawn quoted attorney Zardari as saying.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India