Pakistan court grants more security to Zardari
Islamabad: A Pakistan court Thursday approved a petition filed by former president Asif Ali Zardari seeking more security as he feared for his life.
The Sindh High Court approved the petition in which Zardari sought private security guards and bullet-proof car with tinted glasses for security purposes, the Dawn newspaper reported.
The petition was filed by Zardari`s attorney Abu Bakar Zardari a few days back.
According to Zardari, his wife and former Pakistan prime minister Benazir Bhutto was killed and he too feared that he would suffer the same fate at the hands of the Taliban.
According to the attorney, the petition also sought weapons` licences and permission to hire personal guards for the security of Zardari, his son and two daughters.
“It is the typical mindset that assassinated Benazir Bhutto... and those elements still pose threats to the life of Zardari and his family," the Dawn quoted attorney Zardari as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video