Pakistan court grants more security to Zardari
Islamabad: A Pakistan court Thursday approved a petition filed by former president Asif Ali Zardari seeking more security as he feared for his life.
The Sindh High Court approved the petition in which Zardari sought private security guards and bullet-proof car with tinted glasses for security purposes, the Dawn newspaper reported.
The petition was filed by Zardari`s attorney Abu Bakar Zardari a few days back.
According to Zardari, his wife and former Pakistan prime minister Benazir Bhutto was killed and he too feared that he would suffer the same fate at the hands of the Taliban.
According to the attorney, the petition also sought weapons` licences and permission to hire personal guards for the security of Zardari, his son and two daughters.
“It is the typical mindset that assassinated Benazir Bhutto... and those elements still pose threats to the life of Zardari and his family," the Dawn quoted attorney Zardari as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!