Pakistan creates ‘national anthem’ world record
Karachi: Pakistan has set a world record for the maximum number of people singing a national anthem simultaneously.
A gathering of 5,885 people from Karachi beat the previous record of 5,248 persons achieved by Philippines on September 01, 2009.
Boys, girls and children started gathering at a Defence Stadium in Karachi on August 13, Geo News reports.
The record breaking attempt was organised online using social networking website Facebook and micro-blogging site Twitter, and even included a last minute tweet frenzy as the record-attempt faced failure of falling short 147 people.
However, in the end, the required number of people gathered at the spot and as the clock struck 12, everyone started singing the national anthem "Pak sar zameen" to mark Pakistan`s 65th Independence Day and make a new world record.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Heavy rains bring relief; commuters face traffic snarls
- Israel destroys 11 Palestinian homes on outskirts of Jerusalem
- Congress would form govt in UP after 27 years: Sheila Dikshit
- Here's how a 110-year-old lobster Larry rescued from becoming a meal!- See pics
- US, North Korea trade barbs over nuclear weapon tests