Pakistan creates ‘national anthem’ world record
Karachi: Pakistan has set a world record for the maximum number of people singing a national anthem simultaneously.
A gathering of 5,885 people from Karachi beat the previous record of 5,248 persons achieved by Philippines on September 01, 2009.
Boys, girls and children started gathering at a Defence Stadium in Karachi on August 13, Geo News reports.
The record breaking attempt was organised online using social networking website Facebook and micro-blogging site Twitter, and even included a last minute tweet frenzy as the record-attempt faced failure of falling short 147 people.
However, in the end, the required number of people gathered at the spot and as the clock struck 12, everyone started singing the national anthem "Pak sar zameen" to mark Pakistan`s 65th Independence Day and make a new world record.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?