Pakistan creates ‘national anthem’ world record
Karachi: Pakistan has set a world record for the maximum number of people singing a national anthem simultaneously.
A gathering of 5,885 people from Karachi beat the previous record of 5,248 persons achieved by Philippines on September 01, 2009.
Boys, girls and children started gathering at a Defence Stadium in Karachi on August 13, Geo News reports.
The record breaking attempt was organised online using social networking website Facebook and micro-blogging site Twitter, and even included a last minute tweet frenzy as the record-attempt faced failure of falling short 147 people.
However, in the end, the required number of people gathered at the spot and as the clock struck 12, everyone started singing the national anthem "Pak sar zameen" to mark Pakistan`s 65th Independence Day and make a new world record.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical