Pakistan creates ‘national anthem’ world record
Karachi: Pakistan has set a world record for the maximum number of people singing a national anthem simultaneously.
A gathering of 5,885 people from Karachi beat the previous record of 5,248 persons achieved by Philippines on September 01, 2009.
Boys, girls and children started gathering at a Defence Stadium in Karachi on August 13, Geo News reports.
The record breaking attempt was organised online using social networking website Facebook and micro-blogging site Twitter, and even included a last minute tweet frenzy as the record-attempt faced failure of falling short 147 people.
However, in the end, the required number of people gathered at the spot and as the clock struck 12, everyone started singing the national anthem "Pak sar zameen" to mark Pakistan`s 65th Independence Day and make a new world record.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Not given chance to explore my acting abilities: Shamita Shetty
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network
- Thrilled to be a grandfather: Boman Irani
- Misbah-ul-Haq's conversation with wife Uzma on Twitter is a HUGE hit on the internet!