Pakistan creates ‘national anthem’ world record
Karachi: Pakistan has set a world record for the maximum number of people singing a national anthem simultaneously.
A gathering of 5,885 people from Karachi beat the previous record of 5,248 persons achieved by Philippines on September 01, 2009.
Boys, girls and children started gathering at a Defence Stadium in Karachi on August 13, Geo News reports.
The record breaking attempt was organised online using social networking website Facebook and micro-blogging site Twitter, and even included a last minute tweet frenzy as the record-attempt faced failure of falling short 147 people.
However, in the end, the required number of people gathered at the spot and as the clock struck 12, everyone started singing the national anthem "Pak sar zameen" to mark Pakistan`s 65th Independence Day and make a new world record.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed