Pakistan: Cross-border attack kills 4 soldiers
Peshawar: The Pakistani military says dozens of Taliban militants coming from Afghanistan attacked border posts in the northwest, killing four paramilitary soldiers.
The paramilitary Frontier Corps says Monday`s attack occurred in Olai, part of the Mohmand tribal area. It said soldiers retaliated, killing 15 militants.
The military said the attacking force included around 60 militants. The information could not be independently confirmed because the area is off-limits to most journalists.
Pakistan has repeatedly complained about Pakistani Taliban militants using Afghanistan as a base to stage cross-border attacks.
Afghanistan and the US have criticised Pakistan for allowing Afghan Taliban militants in the country to stage attacks in the opposite direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard