Pakistan: Cross-border attack kills 4 soldiers
Peshawar: The Pakistani military says dozens of Taliban militants coming from Afghanistan attacked border posts in the northwest, killing four paramilitary soldiers.
The paramilitary Frontier Corps says Monday`s attack occurred in Olai, part of the Mohmand tribal area. It said soldiers retaliated, killing 15 militants.
The military said the attacking force included around 60 militants. The information could not be independently confirmed because the area is off-limits to most journalists.
Pakistan has repeatedly complained about Pakistani Taliban militants using Afghanistan as a base to stage cross-border attacks.
Afghanistan and the US have criticised Pakistan for allowing Afghan Taliban militants in the country to stage attacks in the opposite direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble