Pakistan: Cross-border attack kills 4 soldiers
Peshawar: The Pakistani military says dozens of Taliban militants coming from Afghanistan attacked border posts in the northwest, killing four paramilitary soldiers.
The paramilitary Frontier Corps says Monday`s attack occurred in Olai, part of the Mohmand tribal area. It said soldiers retaliated, killing 15 militants.
The military said the attacking force included around 60 militants. The information could not be independently confirmed because the area is off-limits to most journalists.
Pakistan has repeatedly complained about Pakistani Taliban militants using Afghanistan as a base to stage cross-border attacks.
Afghanistan and the US have criticised Pakistan for allowing Afghan Taliban militants in the country to stage attacks in the opposite direction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list