Pakistan denies harassing US diplomats
Islamabad: The Foreign Ministry on Friday rejected a US State Department claim that American diplomats in Pakistan were "increasingly being harassed".
Xinhua quoted an internal State Department report as saying that "obstructionism and harassment, an endemic problem in Pakistan, has increased to the point where it is significantly impairing mission operations and programme implementation".
The 82-page report urged the US government to take up the issue at the highest level.
The Foreign Ministry on Friday said all foreign diplomats in Pakistan were extended "full courtesies and privileges" in accordance with the Vienna Conventions.
"The same courtesies and privileges are also extended to duly accredited US diplomats and consular representatives in Pakistan," the ministry said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!