Pakistan doesn`t want to vitiate tense situation along LoC
Islamabad: Pakistan said Tuesday it did not want to vitiate the already tense situation along the Line of Control (LoC) by making irresponsible statements, Radio Pakistan reported.
A foreign office spokesperson said Pakistan wanted to continue the dialogue process with India in a sustained and result oriented manner, according to the state-run radio service.
The spokesperson said it was important that both sides make serious efforts to avoid distractions in the common efforts towards creating a peaceful environment.
He said Pakistan attaches great importance to the ongoing peace process with India‚ and was committed to resolve the issue of LoC violations under the agreed mechanism.
The spokesperson also reiterated Pakistan`s earlier offer to hold a thorough investigation by the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) into the recent violations.
India has accused Pakistani troops of killing and beheading two Indian soldiers near the LoC. Pakistan says the Indian Army killed two of its soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'