Pakistan doesn`t want to vitiate tense situation along LoC
Islamabad: Pakistan said Tuesday it did not want to vitiate the already tense situation along the Line of Control (LoC) by making irresponsible statements, Radio Pakistan reported.
A foreign office spokesperson said Pakistan wanted to continue the dialogue process with India in a sustained and result oriented manner, according to the state-run radio service.
The spokesperson said it was important that both sides make serious efforts to avoid distractions in the common efforts towards creating a peaceful environment.
He said Pakistan attaches great importance to the ongoing peace process with India‚ and was committed to resolve the issue of LoC violations under the agreed mechanism.
The spokesperson also reiterated Pakistan`s earlier offer to hold a thorough investigation by the UN Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) into the recent violations.
India has accused Pakistani troops of killing and beheading two Indian soldiers near the LoC. Pakistan says the Indian Army killed two of its soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid