Pakistan donates $1 mn to quake-hit China
Beijing: Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi received a humanitarian donation of USD 1 million from the Pakistani government during a meeting with Pakistan`s Ambassador Masood Khalid.
A 6.6-magnitude quake hit northwest Gansu province on Monday, leaving 95 dead and over 1,000 injured.
Calling Pakistan a devoted friend of China, Wang said: "A friend in need is a friend indeed."
He recalled Pakistan`s donation of more than 20,000 tents to China during the Wenchuan earthquake in 2008.
Despite facing difficulties in its own economy, Pakistan is again providing assistance to China, which demonstrates the brotherhood between the two countries, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past