Pakistan donates $50,000 to Philippines
Manila: The Philippines government has received a donation of $50,000 from Pakistan for reconstructing areas devastated by last year`s tropical storm Washi, according to the country`s foreign affairs department.
Pakistani Ambassador to the Philippines Mohsin Razi presented a cheque of $50,000 Wednesday to the country`s Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario, as a token of Pakistan`s contribution to the reconstruction efforts in the Philippines, Xinhua reported.
The reconstruction was felt required following the devastation caused by the storm in December 2011.
Over 1,200 people were reported dead and scores were missing in central and southern Philippines.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav