Pakistan donates $50,000 to Philippines
Manila: The Philippines government has received a donation of $50,000 from Pakistan for reconstructing areas devastated by last year`s tropical storm Washi, according to the country`s foreign affairs department.
Pakistani Ambassador to the Philippines Mohsin Razi presented a cheque of $50,000 Wednesday to the country`s Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario, as a token of Pakistan`s contribution to the reconstruction efforts in the Philippines, Xinhua reported.
The reconstruction was felt required following the devastation caused by the storm in December 2011.
Over 1,200 people were reported dead and scores were missing in central and southern Philippines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!