Pakistan donates $50,000 to Philippines
Manila: The Philippines government has received a donation of $50,000 from Pakistan for reconstructing areas devastated by last year`s tropical storm Washi, according to the country`s foreign affairs department.
Pakistani Ambassador to the Philippines Mohsin Razi presented a cheque of $50,000 Wednesday to the country`s Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario, as a token of Pakistan`s contribution to the reconstruction efforts in the Philippines, Xinhua reported.
The reconstruction was felt required following the devastation caused by the storm in December 2011.
Over 1,200 people were reported dead and scores were missing in central and southern Philippines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list