Pakistan donates $50,000 to Philippines
Manila: The Philippines government has received a donation of $50,000 from Pakistan for reconstructing areas devastated by last year`s tropical storm Washi, according to the country`s foreign affairs department.
Pakistani Ambassador to the Philippines Mohsin Razi presented a cheque of $50,000 Wednesday to the country`s Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario, as a token of Pakistan`s contribution to the reconstruction efforts in the Philippines, Xinhua reported.
The reconstruction was felt required following the devastation caused by the storm in December 2011.
Over 1,200 people were reported dead and scores were missing in central and southern Philippines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report