Pakistan EC rejects Pervez Musharraf`s nomination papers
Islamabad: The Election Commission of Pakistan on Friday rejected the nomination papers of former president Pervez Musharraf, who returned to his homeland on March 24 after living for four years in self-imposed exile in London and Dubai to take part in the upcoming General Elections.
Musharraf had filed paper to contest the polls from four seats - Karachi, Islamabad, Chitral and Kasur. The Returning Officer in Kasur’s NA-139 constituency has rejected Musharraf`s nomination papers.
Rival candidate Javed Kasuri had raised six objections against Musharraf’s candidature.
In its objection, Kasuri said that Musharraf was unfit to contest elections in the light of Article 62, 62 of the Constitution. He said that Musharraf had been facing several cases.
The returning officer, Mohammad Saleem, accepted the objections and rejected the former dictator’s nomination paper.
On Thursday, the former military dictator had said that the General Elections should be held under the supervision of Army.
Musharraf, who is the chief of All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), said that there would be law-and-order issues, and the polls will not be fair and transparent if the elections are not held under the supervision of Army, reports The Dawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- iPhone 7 to be launched on September 16: Report
- Virat Kohli: The making of India's greatest Test captain
- Pacer Neil Wagner bags six wickets as New Zealand restrict Zimbabwe to 164 on Day 1
- Price rise: FM Jaitley counters Rahul Gandhi, says bluster no match to statistics
- Indian men's hockey team go down 1-4 to Spain in Rio Olympics preparation match