Pakistan EC rejects Pervez Musharraf`s nomination papers
Islamabad: The Election Commission of Pakistan on Friday rejected the nomination papers of former president Pervez Musharraf, who returned to his homeland on March 24 after living for four years in self-imposed exile in London and Dubai to take part in the upcoming General Elections.
Musharraf had filed paper to contest the polls from four seats - Karachi, Islamabad, Chitral and Kasur. The Returning Officer in Kasur’s NA-139 constituency has rejected Musharraf`s nomination papers.
Rival candidate Javed Kasuri had raised six objections against Musharraf’s candidature.
In its objection, Kasuri said that Musharraf was unfit to contest elections in the light of Article 62, 62 of the Constitution. He said that Musharraf had been facing several cases.
The returning officer, Mohammad Saleem, accepted the objections and rejected the former dictator’s nomination paper.
On Thursday, the former military dictator had said that the General Elections should be held under the supervision of Army.
Musharraf, who is the chief of All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), said that there would be law-and-order issues, and the polls will not be fair and transparent if the elections are not held under the supervision of Army, reports The Dawn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das