Pakistan evacuates expatriates from Libya
Islamabad: Two special chartered flights
on Tuesday evacuated 354 stranded Pakistani expatriates from
They are scheduled to arrive in the city of
Lahore in Punjab, the Foreign Office said.
The first special Turkish Airlines chartered
flight carrying 180 Pakistanis will reach Lahore later
The second special chartered flight is due tomorrow
at Lahore, a Foreign Ministry statement said.
There are thousands of Pakistani expatriates and
students in Libya.
The Foreign Ministry says that evacuation of
citizens by air, land and sea is being worked for those who
wish to leave Libya.
The Foreign Ministry is in close contact with
Pakistan Navy and Pakistan Air Force for evacuation through
sea and air, the Foreign Ministry spokesperson said.
A group of Pakistanis has already reached Tunisia
and is being looked after for evacuation to Pakistan by the
embassy in Tunis, the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report