Pakistan feels tremors as quake hits Tajikistan
Islamabad: Pakistani cities were shaken on Monday morning by the tremors that emanated from an earthquake measuring 6.3 on the Richter scale, which hit Tajikistan. There were no immediate reports of damages.
The quake jolted different cities, including Islamabad, Rawalpindi and Peshawar.
Express Tribune cited the US Geological Survey as saying that the epicentre of the quake was 95 km southwest of the Karakul area of Tajikistan.
On January 19, a 7.2 magnitude earthquake shook southwestern Pakistan. Only minor damages took place in last week`s quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa