Pakistan forces must remain at high alert: Kayani
Islamabad: Pakistan`s armed forces must
remain at a high state of preparedness at all times because of
the multidimensional security threats faced by the country,
Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani said on Thursday.
Kayani made the remarks while interacting with troops
during a visit to the Sonmiani Range in Balochistan province.
The army chief also witnessed the firing of
anti-aircraft guns and surface-to-air missiles.
He emphasised the need for "total focus on
professional competence and operational preparedness," an
official statement said.
Kayani said the army is making "all out efforts to
equip itself with the best available weapons and equipment."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested