Pakistan forces must remain at high alert: Kayani
Islamabad: Pakistan`s armed forces must
remain at a high state of preparedness at all times because of
the multidimensional security threats faced by the country,
Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani said on Thursday.
Kayani made the remarks while interacting with troops
during a visit to the Sonmiani Range in Balochistan province.
The army chief also witnessed the firing of
anti-aircraft guns and surface-to-air missiles.
He emphasised the need for "total focus on
professional competence and operational preparedness," an
official statement said.
Kayani said the army is making "all out efforts to
equip itself with the best available weapons and equipment."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi