Pakistan forces must remain at high alert: Kayani
Islamabad: Pakistan`s armed forces must
remain at a high state of preparedness at all times because of
the multidimensional security threats faced by the country,
Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani said on Thursday.
Kayani made the remarks while interacting with troops
during a visit to the Sonmiani Range in Balochistan province.
The army chief also witnessed the firing of
anti-aircraft guns and surface-to-air missiles.
He emphasised the need for "total focus on
professional competence and operational preparedness," an
official statement said.
Kayani said the army is making "all out efforts to
equip itself with the best available weapons and equipment."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan