Pakistan gets acting Chief Justice
Islamabad: Justice Shakirullah Jan Monday took oath as the acting Chief Justice of Pakistan.
Justice Nasir-ul-Mulik administered the oath to Justice Shakirullah. A large number of lawyers and judges attended the ceremony, Geo TV reported.
Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry is currently in London to collect the International Jurists Award conferred on him by the International Council of Jurists (ICJ) for his meritorious work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list