Pakistan gets six more F-16 aircraft
Islamabad: 6 more block-52 F-16 aircraft reached Pakistan from the US Saturday, raising the number of such fighter jets delivered to the country this year to 12.
The aircraft landed at the Shahbaz airbase near Jacobabad in Pakistan`s Sindh province.
Pakistani pilots were trained by the US Air Force prior to the handing over. These pilots flew the planes into Pakistani airspace.
Earlier, two batches each of three block-52 F-16 aircraft were handed over to Pakistan in June and October this year, while the remaining six are scheduled to reach the country by the end of December 2010.
Senior officials of the Pakistan Air force (PAF) were present at the airbase Saturday on the arrival of the planes. A PAF spokesman later confirmed the arrival of the six new aircraft.
Pakistan had struck a deal with the US for the purchase of 18 block-52 F-16 aircraft in 2008, while 24 F-16 fighter jets, already part of the PAF fleet, will be refurbished to enhance air warfare capacity of the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference