Pakistan gets six more F-16 aircraft
Islamabad: 6 more block-52 F-16 aircraft reached Pakistan from the US Saturday, raising the number of such fighter jets delivered to the country this year to 12.
The aircraft landed at the Shahbaz airbase near Jacobabad in Pakistan`s Sindh province.
Pakistani pilots were trained by the US Air Force prior to the handing over. These pilots flew the planes into Pakistani airspace.
Earlier, two batches each of three block-52 F-16 aircraft were handed over to Pakistan in June and October this year, while the remaining six are scheduled to reach the country by the end of December 2010.
Senior officials of the Pakistan Air force (PAF) were present at the airbase Saturday on the arrival of the planes. A PAF spokesman later confirmed the arrival of the six new aircraft.
Pakistan had struck a deal with the US for the purchase of 18 block-52 F-16 aircraft in 2008, while 24 F-16 fighter jets, already part of the PAF fleet, will be refurbished to enhance air warfare capacity of the country.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5