`Pakistan got nukes with Chinese help`
Washington: A top US Senator has said that Pakistan would have never acquired nuclear weapons without the assistance of China.
"Pakistan wouldn`t have acquired nuclear weapons if it hadn`t have been for Chinese assistance," Senator Jim Webb, said yesterday at the Council on Foreign Relations, a Washington-based think tank.
He said that China has a long-standing relationship with Pakistan.
"When Chairman Kerry (John Kerry) left Pakistan recently, as soon as he left, the Prime Minister of Pakistan went to China and said China`s our greatest friend," Webb said.
The Senator said that the US and the international community should encourage China to take part in solutions in a way that is proportionate to the influence the country has accumulated with its growing economy and sophisticated military.
Webb, however, alleged that China has not being doing that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress