`Pakistan got nukes with Chinese help`
Washington: A top US Senator has said that Pakistan would have never acquired nuclear weapons without the assistance of China.
"Pakistan wouldn`t have acquired nuclear weapons if it hadn`t have been for Chinese assistance," Senator Jim Webb, said yesterday at the Council on Foreign Relations, a Washington-based think tank.
He said that China has a long-standing relationship with Pakistan.
"When Chairman Kerry (John Kerry) left Pakistan recently, as soon as he left, the Prime Minister of Pakistan went to China and said China`s our greatest friend," Webb said.
The Senator said that the US and the international community should encourage China to take part in solutions in a way that is proportionate to the influence the country has accumulated with its growing economy and sophisticated military.
Webb, however, alleged that China has not being doing that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'