`Pakistan got nukes with Chinese help`
Washington: A top US Senator has said that Pakistan would have never acquired nuclear weapons without the assistance of China.
"Pakistan wouldn`t have acquired nuclear weapons if it hadn`t have been for Chinese assistance," Senator Jim Webb, said yesterday at the Council on Foreign Relations, a Washington-based think tank.
He said that China has a long-standing relationship with Pakistan.
"When Chairman Kerry (John Kerry) left Pakistan recently, as soon as he left, the Prime Minister of Pakistan went to China and said China`s our greatest friend," Webb said.
The Senator said that the US and the international community should encourage China to take part in solutions in a way that is proportionate to the influence the country has accumulated with its growing economy and sophisticated military.
Webb, however, alleged that China has not being doing that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- His LS constituency flooded, PM Modi deputes MP for help
- Cricket reforms: BCCI submits Compliance Report to Supreme Court-appointed Justice RM Lodha panel
- Hours-long attack on Kabul American university kills sixteen
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: Kuldeep's Yadav guile puts India Red in driver's seat
- How does smoke effect clouds in terms of climate? NASA flies to Africa to find out!