Pakistan govt taking action against JeM to "please" India: Hafiz Saeed
Lahore: Putting its weight behind the banned Jaish-e-Mohammad, JuD chief Hafiz Saeed on Friday chided Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's government for detaining Jaish chief and activists in connection with the Pathankot terror attack.
Addressing the Friday sermon at JuD headquarters here, Saeed said that the Pakistan government is taking action against JeM to "please" India.
"The arrests are regrettable as the Nawaz government is only doing so to please Modi sarkar (government). The arrests will only encourage the Indian government to put further
pressure on Pakistan to backtrack it's stance on Kashmir," he said.
Saeed further said the Pakistani government is ignoring "national interest" for the sake of its friendship with India.
The LeJ founder also criticised the Pakistani news analysts for appreciating the government for arrests made in connection with the January 2 attack on an Indian airbase in Pathankot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!
- 7th Pay Commission: 23.5% hike in salaries, minimum pay increased to Rs 18,000 per month; arrears to be paid this year
- These MPs may become ministers if PM Modi goes in for Cabinet reshuffle - List Inside
- SHOCKING VIDEO of Pampore attack surfaces online; terrorists can be heard firing indiscriminately - WATCH