Pakistan govt taking action against JeM to "please" India: Hafiz Saeed
Lahore: Putting its weight behind the banned Jaish-e-Mohammad, JuD chief Hafiz Saeed on Friday chided Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's government for detaining Jaish chief and activists in connection with the Pathankot terror attack.
Addressing the Friday sermon at JuD headquarters here, Saeed said that the Pakistan government is taking action against JeM to "please" India.
"The arrests are regrettable as the Nawaz government is only doing so to please Modi sarkar (government). The arrests will only encourage the Indian government to put further
pressure on Pakistan to backtrack it's stance on Kashmir," he said.
Saeed further said the Pakistani government is ignoring "national interest" for the sake of its friendship with India.
The LeJ founder also criticised the Pakistani news analysts for appreciating the government for arrests made in connection with the January 2 attack on an Indian airbase in Pathankot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened