Pakistan: Gunmen kill 8 Shi’ite Muslims in Quetta
Quetta: Police say gunmen riding on a motorcycle have killed eight Shi’ite Muslims in a pair of sectarian attacks in southwest Pakistan.
Senior police officer Shaukat Ajmad said assailants opened fire on a car on Saturday, killing six people in Quetta, the capital of impoverished southwestern Baluchistan province.
Minutes later, they shot and killed two people in a rickshaw in the same area.
Shi’ite Muslims are a minority in overwhelmingly Sunni Muslim Pakistan.
Although most Sunni and Shi’ites live peacefully together, extremists from both sides have targeted each other over the past three decades. In recent years, Sunni attacks on Shi’ites have been far more common.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested