Pakistan: Hafiz Saeed ``makes move into politics``
Islamabad: Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, who has a USD 10 million US bounty on his head, has made his informal entry in the political arena by moving the Lahore High Court (LHC) against the Pakistan`s corruption-riddled and profligate ruling elite through his first ever ``political-focused`` petition.
Sources claimed that JuD leadership has made up its mind to get involved in political-oriented issues step-by-step and the DPC forum was one part of the well-devised strategic chain of political agenda, reports the Daily Times.
According to sources, the JuD would either itself participate in the upcoming elections by setting up a new political party, having a separate political tag under the umbrella of JuD or play a decisive role by actively supporting like-minded religious-cum-political parties, including Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) or Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf.
JuD central leadership, activists and sympathisers have been vigorously persuading Saeed to announce his formal decision to participate in politics, sources said. Although he has agreed to their suggestions, he is of the view that people across the world will not easily accept his immediate stepping into politics, they added.
Sources said that Saeed was against the democratic system and never bothered to enlist his name in voting list. They added that the petition against the corrupt and profligate politicians would get the support of the public alongside their ongoing long march against the restoration of NATO supplies.
Like other religious hardliners, Saeed strongly believed that Pakistan`s failure to adopt an Islamic constitution was owing to Western style democracy, but the recent upheaval in Middle East has given an opportunity to Islamic parties to form government through ballot, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery