`Pakistan has its own anti-terror strategy`
Islamabad: Pakistan has sent out a crystal clear message to US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta that it is following a well thought out strategy to eradicate the menace of extremism and terrorism and will follow its own timeline, regarding "safe havens" in Pakistan.
"We strongly believe that such statements are misplaced and unhelpful in bringing about peace and stability in the region", The News quoted a Foreign Office spokesman as saying.
Pakistan`s belated reaction after three days came as drone strikes intensified, and Panetta, on a visit to Kabul, criticised Pakistan over safe havens for insurgents who attack US troops across the border in Afghanistan, saying that the US was losing ``patience`` with Pakistan.
"We feel that the Secretary of Defence is oversimplifying some of the very complex issues we are all dealing with in our efforts against extremism and terrorism. These issues need to be seen in the context of overall peace and stability in Afghanistan and the broader region," said the spokesman.
"Pakistan has repeatedly said that it will not allow its territory to be used against any country, nor will it allow any safe havens on its territory. We are fighting terrorism and extremism in our own national interest and nobody should doubt our resolve and determination in this regard. Our sacrifices remain unparalleled and our resolve unshakable," said the spokesman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31