Pakistan has potential to be stabilising force: James Clapper
Washington: Pakistan, under Nawaz Sharif`s leadership, has the potential to be a stabilising force in the region, US intelligence chief said.
"Pakistan has the potential to be a stabilizing force, particularly with the new administration there. I think that that is their instinct, and they would like to be," the Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told lawmakers during a Congressional hearing.
Responding to a question, Clapper said, "One imperative, of course, for the Pakistanis always is their primary concern, which is India," he said.
The CIA Director, John Brennen, praised Pakistan for its role in war against terrorism.
Clapper also said the core of al Qaeda still remains in the tribal areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday