Pakistan has potential to be stabilising force: James Clapper
Washington: Pakistan, under Nawaz Sharif`s leadership, has the potential to be a stabilising force in the region, US intelligence chief said.
"Pakistan has the potential to be a stabilizing force, particularly with the new administration there. I think that that is their instinct, and they would like to be," the Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told lawmakers during a Congressional hearing.
Responding to a question, Clapper said, "One imperative, of course, for the Pakistanis always is their primary concern, which is India," he said.
The CIA Director, John Brennen, praised Pakistan for its role in war against terrorism.
Clapper also said the core of al Qaeda still remains in the tribal areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- There will be no conflict of interest when Anil Kumble takes over as chief coach, says BCCI secretary Ajay Shirke
- Sensex surges 237 points to reclaim 27,000 as UK votes on Brexit
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees to get full 6 months arrears in October
- Expect to announce merger with Aircel soon: RCom
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic can still achieve more in football, Eden Hazard on the Swede's Euro 2016 exit