Pakistan: Hindu community protest extortion attempt
Islamabad: Members of the minority Hindu community observed a strike in Khuzdar town in southwest Pakistan after unidentified armed men tried to extort money from a trader at gunpoint.
The strike was observed by Hindu traders yesterday following the extortion attempt targeting businessman Karpal Das.
The armed men broke into Das` departmental store on Masjid Road, the busiest road in Khuzdar, and demanded a large amount of money. They fled when Das resisted.
The gunmen fired in the air while leaving the area.
The protesting Hindu traders were joined by local shopkeepers, who demanded that the local authorities should take steps to check increasing incidents of kidnapping for ransom and armed robberies.
The traders said the police had failed to provide security to citizens against anti-social elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?