Pakistan hostess slapped, arrested for delaying water
Islamabad: A provincial leader of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) allegedly slapped a bus hostess for not serving water swiftly and later had her arrested for making death threat.
The incident occurred as Nighat Sheikh, a member of Punjab provincial assembly of the PML-N, was travelling by a private bus from Islamabad to Lahore and asked bus hostess to bring her water. Though she complied but the leader turned furious over the delay and beat her up, online news agency reported on Sunday.
As passengers intervened and sought a legal action against the lawmaker, the driver took the bus to a local police station. But the PML-N leader managed to lodge a complaint against the hostess, accusing her of making death threats.
A case was filed and police arrested the hostess girl. She was later released over insufficient evidence.
Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif has asked the police to submit a report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what