Pakistan hostess slapped, arrested for delaying water
Islamabad: A provincial leader of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) allegedly slapped a bus hostess for not serving water swiftly and later had her arrested for making death threat.
The incident occurred as Nighat Sheikh, a member of Punjab provincial assembly of the PML-N, was travelling by a private bus from Islamabad to Lahore and asked bus hostess to bring her water. Though she complied but the leader turned furious over the delay and beat her up, online news agency reported on Sunday.
As passengers intervened and sought a legal action against the lawmaker, the driver took the bus to a local police station. But the PML-N leader managed to lodge a complaint against the hostess, accusing her of making death threats.
A case was filed and police arrested the hostess girl. She was later released over insufficient evidence.
Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif has asked the police to submit a report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!