Pakistan in critical phase of history, says Kayani
Karachi: Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Sunday said Pakistan was passing through a very critical phase of its history.
"Increasingly complex external environment and our rather precarious internal dynamics have created a myriad of security challenges," he said addressing the 98th Midshipmen Commissioning term and 7th SSC Officers class at Pakistan Naval Academy here .
"Today, we are pitched against an amorphous enemy when the conventional threat has also grown manifold," he was quoted as saying by state-run APP news agency.
"This spectrum of threats can be defeated through collective national efforts in which the armed forces indeed have a pivotal role to play in harmony with other instruments of the state," he added.
Kayani added that under the prevailing scenario, a potent and modern navy was indispensable to thwart the challenges to the country`s sovereignty in the maritime domain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!