Pakistan in critical phase of history, says Kayani
Karachi: Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Sunday said Pakistan was passing through a very critical phase of its history.
"Increasingly complex external environment and our rather precarious internal dynamics have created a myriad of security challenges," he said addressing the 98th Midshipmen Commissioning term and 7th SSC Officers class at Pakistan Naval Academy here .
"Today, we are pitched against an amorphous enemy when the conventional threat has also grown manifold," he was quoted as saying by state-run APP news agency.
"This spectrum of threats can be defeated through collective national efforts in which the armed forces indeed have a pivotal role to play in harmony with other instruments of the state," he added.
Kayani added that under the prevailing scenario, a potent and modern navy was indispensable to thwart the challenges to the country`s sovereignty in the maritime domain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal