Pakistan in critical phase of history, says Kayani
Karachi: Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Sunday said Pakistan was passing through a very critical phase of its history.
"Increasingly complex external environment and our rather precarious internal dynamics have created a myriad of security challenges," he said addressing the 98th Midshipmen Commissioning term and 7th SSC Officers class at Pakistan Naval Academy here .
"Today, we are pitched against an amorphous enemy when the conventional threat has also grown manifold," he was quoted as saying by state-run APP news agency.
"This spectrum of threats can be defeated through collective national efforts in which the armed forces indeed have a pivotal role to play in harmony with other instruments of the state," he added.
Kayani added that under the prevailing scenario, a potent and modern navy was indispensable to thwart the challenges to the country`s sovereignty in the maritime domain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog