Pakistan in critical phase of history, says Kayani
Karachi: Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani on Sunday said Pakistan was passing through a very critical phase of its history.
"Increasingly complex external environment and our rather precarious internal dynamics have created a myriad of security challenges," he said addressing the 98th Midshipmen Commissioning term and 7th SSC Officers class at Pakistan Naval Academy here .
"Today, we are pitched against an amorphous enemy when the conventional threat has also grown manifold," he was quoted as saying by state-run APP news agency.
"This spectrum of threats can be defeated through collective national efforts in which the armed forces indeed have a pivotal role to play in harmony with other instruments of the state," he added.
Kayani added that under the prevailing scenario, a potent and modern navy was indispensable to thwart the challenges to the country`s sovereignty in the maritime domain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi