Pakistan-Iran pipeline not against any country: Zardari
Islamabad: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has said the Pakistan-Iran pipeline project is motivated by a need to meet country`s growing energy needs instead of being against any country, Daily Times reported.
The two newly completed hydel projects of Allai Khwar in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Jinnah hydro project in Punjab provinces along with the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project, Zardari said, should be seen as measures aimed at overcoming electricity shortage in Pakistan.
The president inaugurated three separate projects at the Governor`s House in Lahore Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information