Pakistan-Iran pipeline not against any country: Zardari
Islamabad: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has said the Pakistan-Iran pipeline project is motivated by a need to meet country`s growing energy needs instead of being against any country, Daily Times reported.
The two newly completed hydel projects of Allai Khwar in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Jinnah hydro project in Punjab provinces along with the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project, Zardari said, should be seen as measures aimed at overcoming electricity shortage in Pakistan.
The president inaugurated three separate projects at the Governor`s House in Lahore Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...