Pakistan is not a failed state: PM
Lahore: Pakistan is not a failed state, Prime Minister Raja Parvez Ashraf has said.
Speaking at the Governor`s House Tuesday night, Ashraf said it was unfortunate "that some adversaries" dub Pakistan as a "failed state".
But "we will prove them wrong as we are combating terrorism of all forms with full force and vigour", the prime minister said.
He said Pakistan had suffered a "colossal loss in its fight against terrorism" and reiterated his government`s commitment to battle terror.
Ashraf urged the political leadership in South Asia to show courage, flexibility and statesmanship to "dismantle political barriers".
"This would help in resolving all inter-state conflicts and usher in an era of peace and progress in the region," he said.
The prime minister said the ruling Pakistan People`s Party followed a policy of reconciliation.
"When minds are open, borders don`t matter," he said.
Responding to mediapersons` demand for visa free access in the SAARC region, he said the Pakistan government was ready to consider the request.
This would enable journalists in the region to visit any SAARC country without visa hassles.
He said the South Asia region had many challenges, which could be tackled effectively by dialogue.
"Conflict over disputes must give way to reconciliation, connectivity, openness and regional cooperation."
Ashraf lauded the new visa regime between India and Pakistan, saying it would help promote trade and travel.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'