Pakistan launches website to promote history
Islamabad: The Pakistani government launched a website on its 65th Independence Day on Sunday to promote the country`s political and cultural history.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Firdous Ashiq Awan, who inaugurated the web portal, said it is a unique gift to the nation on the Independence Day.
The website www.dfp.gov.pk of the Directorate of Films and Publications (DFP) preserves data of almost 64 years of Pakistan`s history in the form of publications, photographs, documentaries and films.
The website will be a "credible source of reference" about Pakistan`s history for people at home and aboard, the state-run APP news agency quoted her as saying. She said everyone will be able to access it.
The website contains details about Pakistan`s founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah, former prime ministers Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and Benzair Bhutto, among other leaders, and also contains information on history, besides other facts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma
- Thousands flee IS offensive in northern Syria: Monitor
- Flipkart effect: Startups may lose sheen in job market
- 'USD 100 for shaving beard: ISIS imposes new fines, taxes'