Pakistan launches website to promote history
Islamabad: The Pakistani government launched a website on its 65th Independence Day on Sunday to promote the country`s political and cultural history.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Firdous Ashiq Awan, who inaugurated the web portal, said it is a unique gift to the nation on the Independence Day.
The website www.dfp.gov.pk of the Directorate of Films and Publications (DFP) preserves data of almost 64 years of Pakistan`s history in the form of publications, photographs, documentaries and films.
The website will be a "credible source of reference" about Pakistan`s history for people at home and aboard, the state-run APP news agency quoted her as saying. She said everyone will be able to access it.
The website contains details about Pakistan`s founder Muhammad Ali Jinnah, former prime ministers Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and Benzair Bhutto, among other leaders, and also contains information on history, besides other facts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas