Pakistan lodges protest over Afghan firing
Islamabad: Pakistan has strongly protested an incident of cross-border mortar firing from Afghanistan.
The Afghan charge d’affaires was called to the Pakistan foreign office Tuesday evening and a strong protest was lodged over the unprovoked mortar firing by the Afghan Border Police earlier in the day in North Waziristan, which killed two civilians, the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) reported.
While conveying serious concern of the Pakistan government at this cross-border firing, the foreign office asked the Afghan authorities to prevent the recurrence of such incidents.
Pakistan emphasised that such incidents undermined border coordination between the two nations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals desire to end career at Real Madrid at the age of 41
- Get free voice, video call and 4G internet for 90 days on Reliance Jio
- Soha Ali Khan's weekend getaway will surely tempt you!- See pic
- DGCA to soon ban taking selfies on planes!