Pakistan lodges protest over Afghan firing
Islamabad: Pakistan has strongly protested an incident of cross-border mortar firing from Afghanistan.
The Afghan charge d’affaires was called to the Pakistan foreign office Tuesday evening and a strong protest was lodged over the unprovoked mortar firing by the Afghan Border Police earlier in the day in North Waziristan, which killed two civilians, the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) reported.
While conveying serious concern of the Pakistan government at this cross-border firing, the foreign office asked the Afghan authorities to prevent the recurrence of such incidents.
Pakistan emphasised that such incidents undermined border coordination between the two nations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred