Pakistan lodges protest over Afghan firing
Islamabad: Pakistan has strongly protested an incident of cross-border mortar firing from Afghanistan.
The Afghan charge d’affaires was called to the Pakistan foreign office Tuesday evening and a strong protest was lodged over the unprovoked mortar firing by the Afghan Border Police earlier in the day in North Waziristan, which killed two civilians, the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) reported.
While conveying serious concern of the Pakistan government at this cross-border firing, the foreign office asked the Afghan authorities to prevent the recurrence of such incidents.
Pakistan emphasised that such incidents undermined border coordination between the two nations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state