Pakistan: Malik Riaz denies ``buying`` journalists
Lahore: A message by Pakistani real estate tycoon Malik Riaz claims that he has "never distributed money, houses, plots or air tickets among journalists".
The message read out by Riaz`s counsel, Zahid Hussain Bukhari, stated: "News reports alleging me for distribution of money, houses, plots and air tickets to various journalists are absolutely false and baseless. I deny and reject them completely", reports the Daily Times.
Riaz, in his message, further stated that the allegations were anonymous which proved that their aim was to defame journalists.
"It is reported that I told TV anchor Talat Hussain that I was one of the sources of anchor Najam Sethi`s information. This is a white lie. I have never met or spoken with Talat Hussain. I demand him swear on oath that he talked to me and passed on this false information too. I reserve my right to sue him for this false allegation. I make it clear that I have never given money, plots, air tickets to Najam Sethi or anyone else as alleged," the message stated.
"In another instance, the allegations are printed on Bahria Town letterhead, which could have been stolen from any of Bahria Town offices across the country. This is a fake document and was not prepared by the administration of Bahria Town," it read.
"If it had been an internal Bahria Town document, at least it should have shown that these favours were given to various alleged recipients and not as received shown on document," it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack